Friday, August 26, 2011

xtin, two time cancer survivor...

Not quite as glamorous as the Oscars, but I guess it is something!

Well, I hope to start blogging more often again. It's been another crazy year! Here is a quick recap of the year so far:

January - nothing to eventful, lots of snow...
February - more snow, turned 31, reaching my limits on dealing with some health issues...
March - decided I had to go to the doctor for a check up. had a feeling my hemoglobin was extremely low...yep, it was a 6 or 7! off to the hospital for a blood transfusion and a D&C...test results found cancer in my uterus. boo-urns.
April - time for the full hysterectomy. i had been through enough. surgery was on April 4. there was a 3mm speck of cancer outside my uterus too. not good. found out i would need radiation. happy to be able to keep my hair this time! rested and relaxed the rest of the month.
May - began radiation. 5 days a week until i had 25 treatments. radiation was easy for me. hardly any side effects.
June - finished radiation. had an internal implant put in for 36 hours of intense radiation. worst experience ever! unable to move, pain, discomfort. not fun.
July - back to work. feeling good though. first wedding anniversary. fun times at brie's cabin.
August - back into the swing of things. another cabin trip. in a mini-golf league!

Of course, much more happened, but those are the big things. Sigh. I hope next year is boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment